- Studies on the relationships between forest stand structure and the species composition, diversity and structures (spatial and functional) of ground layer vegetation (both vasculars and bryophytes). Comparison between managed and unmanaged forest stands, 1996- .
- Studies on herb layer vegetation composition and patterns and their relations with those of site factors and canopy tree characteristics (growth, vigour) at different spatial scales (from within-stand to regional) 1986- ;
- Soil water regime studies in dry sandy and loess grasslands 1991-1994;
- Botanical assessment of a nature reserve (Bátorliget Mire Reserve), 1988-1990;
- Comparative study of vegetation and soil patterns in a mountain meadow, 1984-1986;
- Floristical studies in the Mátra Mts., 1983-1986;